Top Questions to Ask Existing Franchisees
Looking to open a franchise business, but not sure which brand is right for you? One of the best things you can do is speak with current franchisees at the brands you’re considering. Most franchisees are more than willing to tell you about their experience opening and operating a business, and they’ll be able to answer many of your questions about the brand from their perspective.
When you get in touch with current franchisees of any brand, it’s important to ask the right questions, so you get the information you need to help you make an informed decision about the brand. We’ve put together a list of questions we think are important for helping you decide if a franchise brand is right for you.
Questions to tell you more about the franchisee:
- How long have you been in business?
- How many units/studios do you own?
- What did you do prior to opening a franchise business?
- Do you own any other franchise brands?
Questions to tell you more about the brand:
- What made you choose this franchise in particular?
- If you are a single unit franchisee, would you have interest in owning more in the future? If not, why?
- How would you rate your relationship with your franchisor?
- How would you rate your initial training from your franchisor?
- How would you rate the marketing and ongoing support provided by your franchisor?
- When the time comes, would you renew your franchise agreement? If not, why?
Questions to tell you more about owning the business:
- How difficult is it for you to find, train, and retain employees?
- If you don’t mind, would you tell me your expected annual revenue?
- Are you happy with the financial returns you’ve earned to-date?
- What would you do differently if you were starting all over?
- Do you operate your franchise on your own, or are you semi-absentee or completely absent? Which do you feel is best for the franchise?
- What does your typical day look like as a franchisee? How many hours do you put in per week?
9Round highly encourages all potential franchisees to reach out to our existing franchisees for more information about our kickboxing fitness brand and what it’s like opening and operating your own studio. We are even able to help coordinate a call with one of our franchisees for you if you are interested in speaking to someone during the franchise sales process.
9Round’s kickboxing fitness franchise is one of the most unique opportunities in the industry, and with over a decade of experience helping franchisees, our support systems are unmatched. Learn more about 9Round’s fitness franchising opportunity and submit your info to be contacted by one of our Franchise Development Reps.