Tips & Tricks to Conquering the CHOW Games
Written by Taylor Stephens, Jul 8, 2019
Unless you live under a rock, then there’s no doubt you’ve heard about our first-ever CHOW Games coming up next week! But, just in case you missed the announcement, here’s a quick rundown: participating 9Round locations will host the CHOW Games from July 15th to July 19th, and over the span of those five days, there will be a new challenge round each day! Your local 9Round will provide you with a scorecard to keep up with your results, because this will definitely be a fridge-worthy accomplishment. To help you feel prepped and ready to hit your highest CHOW scores possible, we put together a few tips on how to conquer the entire week!
- Get Prepped and Organized for Each Day
You know what they say, “those who fail to plan, plan to fail.” It’s important to be prepared to crush your workout each day, especially if you want to fill up your CHOW Games scorecard… and that means actually making it to your workout with everything you need! To help you remember to bring your workout essentials, here are a few ways to avoid leaving them behind:
- Pack your gym bag the night before. There’s nothing worse than getting to the office and realizing you forgot to pack your gym shoes as you were rushing to get ready in the morning.
- A vital part of the CHOW Games is keeping up with the scores that you worked hard to achieve! Your 9Round trainers will have plenty of scorecards printed out and ready to go when you begin the week. We suggest keeping your scorecard tucked in your gym bag so it’s handy right after your workout. Don’t forget your other gym essentials, like a bottle of water and your PULSE monitor.
- Leave yourself a sticky note somewhere you can’t miss, like on the fridge, the bathroom mirror, or the door, as a reminder to grab your workout bag and scorecard.
- Know the CHOW Exercises Ahead of Your Workout
To stay ahead of the game, be sure to watch the video demonstration on Facebook or Instagram each day to get an idea of what the CHOW round will be. Then, when your 9Round trainer gives you a quick demo before the round begins, it’ll just be a refresher. By watching the videos beforehand, you’ll be able to go into your workout feeling confident and ready to be the CHOW winner! Watching it earlier in the day also means you’ll be ready to ask a 9Round trainer any questions you might have on how to perform the exercise or maintain proper form.
- Listen to Your Body Throughout the Week
Hitting the gym for five consecutive days at 9Round is a challenge in itself, let alone completing all five days of the CHOW Games! That’s why we wanted to remind you how important it is to take care of yourself and “listen” to your body by knowing your limits. Here are some helpful tips to make your wellness a priority:
- Drink water. It may seem like an obvious tip, but it can be easy to forget to stay hydrated. Dehydration can negatively impact your performance during your workout and can give you a false feeling of hunger. Make sure you’re getting plenty of water throughout each day.
- Eat a balanced diet. Ensure you’re getting enough fuel for the fire! You may find yourself feeling sluggish if you’re not eating enough, or if you’re eating the wrong foods. A few tips include eating a balanced meal every 3-4 hours throughout the day and having a healthy snack within an hour after your workout.
- Get adequate rest. While you’re paying attention to your wellness, don’t forget about resting up during the week of the CHOW Games! Getting 7-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night will help you keep your energy levels up, and you’ll go into your workouts ready to give it your best effort and finish strong!
Whether you complete one day of the CHOW Games or all five, you’re a winner in our book! We can’t wait to cheer you on during the event and see those killer scores. Get ready, 9Round Nation, it’s almost CHOW time!